hOT WATER SYSTEMS
A local plumber in Sydney that can repair or install hot water systems.
Nu-Trend has been operating for more than 10 years, originally founded by father and son. Over the years the team has continued to broaden their knowledge, skills and ability to solve any plumbing related situation. Nu-Trend is a plumber based in Sydney that is fully qualified, insured & certified with an Australian ABN and Licence.
Nu-Trend plumber services are available in all Sydney metropolitan suburbs. We can fix your blocked drain, hot water systems, gas leaks, toilets and cisterns, leaking taps or burst pipes. We carry an extensive range of professional equipment including CCTV digital cameras, hydrojet water blasters and leak detection tools to we can fix your problem quickly.
Repair or replace hot water systems.
Hot water systems use a variety of heating methods to provide consistent hot water to your property including gas, electric, solar or heat pump units. You can even control the exact temperature of your hot water at the touch of a button with some types of systems. Nu-Trend can help you either replace, repair or install gas and electric hot water systems from leading brands such as Rheem and Rinnai.
It is important to check which heating method will suit your needs first, the volume of water you will require and the size of the unit to make sure it can fit into the available space. These are the most common topics to understand in relation to hot water systems;
- Instant systems (continuous-flow) heat water instantly and as it’s required. With their instantaneous nature, they’re generally cheaper to run and more efficient than storage units, which can lose heat over time. The most important aspect in choosing a continuous-flow system is the Flow Rate, the more water outlets you have in your home, the higher your flow rate should be.
- Storage tank systems store a certain amount of heated water that is used throughout the day. Their biggest advantage is making use of cheaper off-peak energy tariffs to fill your water tank.
- Electric systems are often cheaper to buy and install compared to gas systems, but are more expensive to run due to electricity prices. They can be installed indoors or outdoors in a range of sizes depending on the size of your property.
- Gas hot water systems are found in either natural gas or LPG and typically are cheaper to run than electric ones, though their initial cost is generally more expensive. In most cases because they need venting, gas systems are usually outdoor units.
- Hot water heat pumps work by using electricity to move heat from one place to another instead of generating heat directly. Hot water heat pumps are more energy efficient than conventional electric water heaters and also come in a range of sizes depending on the size of your property.
Nu-Trend has all the latest equipment to detect and repair water leaks in any part of a property quickly;
- House, unit, apartment or townhouse.
- Residential, commercial, industrial or rental properties.
- Same day high pressure water jet blasting available.
- Same day inspection and dig up available.
- Burst pipe location and CCTV digital camera inspections.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO INSTALL A HOT WATER SYSTEM?
If you want to work out the cost to install a hot water system we would need to do an on-site quotation. We have to asses the property site area, size of the tank, its placement, what work would be involved e.g replacing or repairing and even things like determining if extra electrical work is required.
WHAT IS THE MOST EFFICIENT HOT WATER SYSTEM?
Solar boosted hot water systems tend to be the most efficient, but are also the most costly to install. Natural gas, heat pump and then electricity are then the order of efficiency when it comes to systems, although this will depend on make, model & how they are used.
HOW LONG TO HOT WATER SYSTEMS LAST?
A hot water system can last 8-12 years in most cases. Although it is always dependant on the make, model & where or how it is installed so for example if it is exposed to harsh elements vs sheltered. Always check the warranty as they vary by brand.
HOW DOES A HOW WATER SYSTEM WORK?
Continuous flow hot water systems operate by heating the water on demand, rather than heating and storing it. When the hot water is turned on at the tap, cold water is fed through a heat exchanger which heats the water and sends it through the piping.
That’s just one hot water system, theres also storage hot water systems and gravity fed hot water systems, electric and gas hot water systems – so there is lots of choice that will have pro’s and con’s depending on your site.
IS IT CHEAPER TO LEAVE HOT WATER ON ALL THE TIME?
No it isn’t cheaper to leave hot water on all the time.
CAN I SAVE MONEY BY TURNING OFF MY HOT WATER HEATER?
Well technically this is true, just the same if you turn off all the gas and electricity to your house too. Obviously an electric hot water system will cost more to run vs a solar based system so it isn’t about turning the hot water heater on or off that gives you the answer – its about what you are using and how.
Local | Licensed | Insured
Nu-Trend is a plumber in Sydney with over 10 years experience available 7 days a week. Robert and Rick are the Directors of the business, hands-on and provide a personalised service that is fully licensed, insured and qualified.
Work with a local Australian business.
FULLY LICENCED 217859C
A qualified and licenced service provider.
Public liability insurance for peace of mind.
LICENSED PLUMBER – RESIDENTIAL | COMMERCIAL | INDUSTRIAL
Choose Nu-Trend as your plumber.
Your decision for selecting a plumber in Sydney may purely come down to price. Although we know from experience that delivering an incredible service is more than just about price. Here are ten reasons we believe you should make us your choice for any plumbing work required.
Organised & prepared
Tidy work site
Over 100 reviews
Plumbing services in Sydney.
A personal plumber service
Do you remember the ‘old days’ when personal service was the norm? That is how Rick and Rob treat each client when it comes to their plumber services.
You deal directly with the owners of the business who have more than 10 years experience, over 100 written reviews and provide a written guarantee without any gimmicks.
They have a very single minded commitment to deliver a high level of professionalism and quality. To deliver this they use industry leading brands to perform upgrades, repairs or replacements when it comes to taps, pipes, drains, fixtures or fittings.
Nu-Trend will tackle any size of project across all suburbs of Sydney and even provides a 24/7 emergency plumber service.
“...For over 3 years now we have been operating and using Nu-Trend’s plumbing services and have been impressed with the level of attention and care your team put in to going over and above the levels that we have expected....”
15 years experience with a written commitment.
Rick and Rob are the hands-on directors for Nu-Trend. Rather than hire sub-contractors and manage their business from a distant office, they are on the tools, at your site & working towards delivering your bathroom renovation or plumbing service. It means you are talking directly to the owners of the business, the guys who are accountable and responsible rather than via email or through customer service teams.
It is why they are able to provide a written guarantee that demonstrates their confidence in standing by the quality of their workmanship and the service they deliver to every single client.
They have a very single minded commitment to deliver a high level of professionalism and quality, they’ve been doing renovation contracting in Sydney for 15+ years.