PLUMBER SERVICES IN SYDNEY
An experienced plumber service available 24 hours, & days a week.
Emergency Plumber Services
General Plumber Services
RESIDENTIAL | COMMERCIAL | INDUSTRIAL | RENTALS
Local | Licensed | Insured
Nu-Trend is a plumber and bathroom renovations team in Sydney, available 7 days a week. With 15 years experience, the Directors Rob and Rick are hands-on and provide a personalised service that is fully licensed, insured and qualified. You can check online with the NSW Department of Fair Trading here
FULLY LICENCED 217859C
A qualified and licenced service provider.
Public liability insurance for peace of mind.
Drainer | Gasfitter | Plumber | LP Gasfitter | Kitchen Bathroom Laundry Renovator
STANDARDS AUSTRALIA AS/NZS3500:2018 Compliant
All the work carried out by Nu-Trend is AS/NZ3500:2018 compliant. It is the Australian Standard for Plumbing and Drainage in NSW as set down by Standards Australia and the Australian Building Codes Board. They give the plumbing industry technical direction to enable compliance with required regulatory frameworks.
Choose Nu-Trend for your plumber service.
Your decision for selecting a plumber in Sydney may purely come down to price. Although we know from experience that delivering an incredible service is more than just about price. Here are ten reasons we believe you should make us your choice for any plumbing work required.
Organised & prepared
Tidy work site
Over 100 reviews
Plumbing services in Sydney.
A personal plumber service
Do you remember the ‘old days’ when personal service was the norm? That is how Rick and Rob treat each client when it comes to their plumber service in Sydney.
They have a very single minded commitment to deliver a high level of professionalism and quality. To deliver this they use industry leading brands to perform upgrades, repairs or replacements when it comes to taps, pipes, drains, fixtures or fittings.
Nu-Trend will tackle any size of project across all suburbs of Sydney and even provides a 24/7 emergency plumber service.
“...For over 3 years now we have been operating and using Nu-Trend’s plumbing services and have been impressed with the level of attention and care your team put in to going over and above the levels that we have expected....”
Rick and Rob are the hands-on Directors for Nu-Trend Plumbing. Rather than hire sub-contractors and manage their business from a distant office, they are on the tools, at your site & working towards delivering your bathroom renovation or plumbing service. It means you are talking directly to the owners of the business, the guys who are accountable and responsible rather than via email or through customer service teams.
It is why they are able to provide a written guarantee that demonstrates their confidence in standing by the quality of their workmanship and the service they deliver to every single client.
They have a very single minded commitment to deliver a high level of professionalism and quality, they’ve been doing it for 15 years.
What do plumbers do?
Qualified and licensed plumbers provide a range of services relating to plumbing for residential, commercial or industrial properties. It is typically considered the that ‘dirty job that someone else has to do’. Generally most people don’t give a second thought to their plumbing until a problem arises with a leak or blocked drain. The truth is, plumbing is the one system that your home in Sydney that you absolutely can’t be without. It keeps your home clean, hygienic, virus free and safe. It enables you to cook, clean and do many other things we take for granted. Without plumbing you’d have no hot water, no gas to cook with, no flush for your toilets, no swimming pools or no air conditioning.
Plumbers plan, install, maintain and repair all the systems in your property that allow water and gas to flow in and out. Consider where these systems exist: bathrooms, toilets, kitchens, laundries, swimming pools, barbecues, air conditioners which are in all rooms of your home. What you generally see or experience is the fitting or fixture e.g the toilet, vanity sink, tap etc. Although what you don’t see is the system of piping, valves and fittings that allow these systems to work correctly. These have to be carefully selected, placed and installed inside your building walls by plumbers or gas fitters. Without this your plumbing won’t operate effectively, quietly and in a way that keeps you and your family safe.
Why can't I fix or install my own plumbing?
Like many skilled trades there is a lot more to plumbing than meets the eye and a YouTube video won’t provide all the answers to every scenario. Plumbing in Sydney is very carefully regulated in order to keep it safe while also ensuring standards are met, for example;
Sewage and waste – have to be managed carefully in order to avoid the dangers of exposure to harmful bacteria and poisonous gases.
Natural and LPG gas – is highly combustible and requires special care with procedures to avoid ignition or explosions.
Hot water – regulations also exist to ensure that the water in your hot water tank is of a sufficient temperature to prevent the growth of dangerous legionella bacteria. At the same time, your plumbing also needs to incorporate valves that limit the temperature of the water coming out from your shower, so that it won’t burn your skin
Piping – the materials used, sizing, types of joins and gradients used must meet the correct measurements or falls to not only be legal, but to function correctly.
So while some people may feel like it is possible to replace a washer in their leaking tap themselves or unclog a drain, you may be surprised as to the underlying issues these problems are causing that only a qualified plumber can identify and remedy correctly.
Does a plumber have to be licensed?
All of these scenarios and requirements are just a small example of why all plumbing must be done by a licensed plumber in Australia. Trying to take matters into your own hands could lead to disastrous damage to your property, or even injury or death. This becomes even more important in unit blocks or properties with shared walls. Plus on a more practical level it could void any insurance claims.
So yes, a plumber has to be licenced and it is easy to check online for their current license and for a safety certificate.
What services can a plumber provide?
Plumbers study for a number of years to learn a wide range of skills, these include;
- Carry out interactive workplace communication
- Read plans and calculate plumbing quantities
- Carry out WHS requirements
- Handle and store plumbing materials
- Use plumbing hand and power tools
- Carry out levelling
- Cut and join sheet metal
- Mark out materials
- Weld using oxy-acetylene equipment
- Weld using manual metal arc welding equipment
- Carry out simple concreting and rendering
- Work safely on roofs
- Flash penetrations through roofs and walls
- Weld polyethylene and polypropylene pipes using fusion method
- Fabricate and install non-ferrous pressure piping
- Locate and clear blockages
- Install domestic treatment plants
- Install stormwater and sub-soil drainage systems
- Drain work site
- Install prefabricated inspection openings and enclosures
- Plan layout of a residential sanitary drainage system
- Install below ground sanitary drainage systems
- Install on-site disposal systems
- Fabricate and install fire hydrant and hose reel systems
- Install LPG systems in caravans, mobile homes and mobile workplaces
- Install LPG systems in marine craft
- Install gas pressure control equipment
- Install Type A gas appliance flues
- Purge consumer piping
- Disconnect and reconnect Type A gas appliances
- Calculate and install natural ventilation for Type A gas appliances
- Install gas piping systems
- Size consumer gas piping systems
- Install LPG storage of aggregate storage capacity up to 500 litres
- Install and commission Type A gas appliances
- Collect and store roof water
- Plan layout of a residential sanitary plumbing system
- Install discharge pipes
- Fabricate and install sanitary stacks
- Install and fit off sanitary fixtures
- Connect and install storage tanks to a domestic water supply
- Set out and install water services
- Install and adjust water service controls and devices
- Install and commission water heating systems
- Install water pumpsets
- Fit off and commission heated and cold water services
- Connect irrigation systems from drinking water supply
- Provide basic emergency life support
- Install trench support