Learn more about Bathroom Renovations: How to Keep Your New Bathroom Looking New
Sydney bathroom renovations for houses, apartments or units.
You’ve just had your bathroom renovation completed. Everything is bright and shiny, fresh and clean. Not a water spot to be found. The grout is bright and white. The mirrors gleam. The vanity, bath and tiles sparkle. Your newly remodeled bathroom is like a showroom and its almost a shame to use it.
You then spy that new deep bath we installed and the amazing new shower head that offers a massage after a long hard day. What is life if we cannot enjoy all we have worked for? Here are our tips to preserve that new bathroom look and feel. There are certain products and cleaning tools that are a main staple in almost everyone’s cleaning product cupboard that should be avoided when cleaning your new bathroom;
- Bleach and products containing ammonia – These type of products are not only hard on your hands and your lungs, they are also damaging to your newly purchased vanity, bath, toilet cistern and seat. Ammonia based products will take the shine away from these items. These products also damage your tap-ware, causing it corrode and “green” around the crevices between where the tap-ware meets your vanity bowl, bath and shower tiles. There are many disinfectants that do not contain ammonia that do the job just as effectively.
- Strongly bristled scrubbing brushes – We have all had an occasion when cleaning, that no matter what product we use, a little extra elbow grease it needed. This is quite a common occurrence in the shower recess. No matter how tempting this may be, try to avoid this if possible. Or use as soft as a bristle brush as you can and even then, only do this sporadically. Scrubbing the grout joins vigorously between tiles over time can wear and loosen the grout. Remember grout is porous and no matter how high quality the grout and no matter how talented the tiler, if you constantly scrub away week in week out, wearing away is inevitable. This wearing away can affect your waterproofing system causing leaks. Remember leaks cause damage. So avoid scrubbing over the grouted areas. Prevention is better than cure. Weekly cleaning the shower recess will help to avoid the need to scrub and will in addition avoid mould growth. Ensuring adequate ventilation during showers is key to avoiding mould. Be sure to leave the shower screen door open after to shower to allow the area to dry more effectively.
- Shower screens – Using a small window squeegee or a chamois on the shower glass after showering will avoid water spots staining your shower screen and the need for scrubbing.
- Air flow – Creating good air flow within the bathroom can help avoid mould. Leaving a window cracked open, opening the blind during the day to allow light in and using your exhaust fan whilst showering and bathing will all help avoid mould.
- Drain maintenance – Regularly cleaning drains, especially the shower drain is imperative. Have you ever noticed your shower pooling that little bit whilst showering or experienced a bad smell coming from your drains? These are both signs of a blocked drain. Cleaning the drains on a monthly basis is not only something that should be done for hygiene, it helps to keep your waterproofing system working the way it should. It’s amazing just how much hair and soap residue builds up in a short period of time. This build up creates a blockage that can cause the water to pool up inside the drain and seep under your waterproofing instead of draining off the waterproofing and straight down the drain as it should.
- Abrasive cleansers – Avoid using abrasive cream cleansers on your baths, vanities and cisterns. These over time, will dull these surfaces and create scratches where bacteria can latch on to. Abrasive creams and products are perfect however, for that shower recess we mentioned earlier and done weekly avoids the need for bleach and mould removers.
- Vinegar – Using a mixture of vinegar and water on all surfaces of the bathroom is a perfect way to keep vanities, baths and tiles clean and sparkling. Use a 50/50 vinegar and water solution, a squirt of dish soap for sudsy effect and a couple of drops of essential oil for a pleasant aroma (lavender is pleasant and has calming effects) however we will leave you to peruse the web for your favourite “DIY natural bathroom cleaner” if that is your preference, there are plenty out there.
Years of experience
Nu-Trend since 2009
Nu-Trend was formed just over 10 years ago by father and son team, Rick and Michael Karagiannis.
Michael has been in the industry for more than 20 years, passing his knowledge and expertise to Rick as the family tradition lives on.
Rick has always enjoyed the finer elements design details. Not content with solving plumbing problems he soon broadened his skills to also do bathroom renovations in Sydney. A perfect match with hundreds of reviews later & beautiful bathrooms being enjoyed by hundreds of people.
The passionate business owner who loves his job, always goes the extra mile & who many say “is too good for the industry”
Rick dislikes the typical industry behaviour and firmly believes in ‘no gimmicks’ and upfront, honest work.
- Position: Director
- Years in the industry: 15
- Expertise / specialty: A hands-on Director and business owner who provides leadership for the team.
- Qualifications: Licensed Plumber, Bathroom Renovator.
- What he loves about his work? I love helping people when someone wants something and we achieve what they are after it’s rewarding for me.
- Funniest on the job story: Doing a job on a live sewer stack and someone flushing the toilet while we were underneath. It was quite brown, but you had to laugh.
- Favourite brand of bathroom product: Caroma Products
Robert is the co-owner of Nu-Trend who loves walking into different scenarios every day & trying to solve problems quickly.
He is the organiser in the team, keeping the boys on track each day. Some dub him the ‘pretty face’ of Nu-Trend.
- Position: Director
- Years in industry: 14
- Expertise / specialty: Quoting, team organisation and logistics to keep everything running smoothly.
- Qualifications: Licensed Plumber and Bathroom Renovator.
- What he loves about his work? Doing something different every day and working with really good people to solve a range of everyday problems.
- Funniest on the job story: Pranking the boys with fake emails or calls and waiting to see their reactions. Funny at times but a good way to practice real situations.
- Favourite brand of bathroom product: Boffi Products
Chris joined Rick and Robert a few years ago as the number of jobs and bathroom renovations began to increase.
Ever reliable Chris gets stuck in when the hard work is required and provides the Nu-Trend team with a lot of the hard yakka.
- Position: Plumber
- Years in industry: 6
- Expertise / specialty: Maintenance and domestic plumbing for houses or unit apartment blocks.
- Qualifications: Licensed Plumber with aspirations to learn about renovations.
- What he loves about his work? Seeing Nu-Trend customers satisfied after a completed job where they notice the little details or finishing touches.
- Funniest on the job story: Too many to list and he has been thinking about writing a book about funny plumber stories for everyone to read about.
- Favourite brand of bathroom product: Boffi Products
Local | Licensed | Insured
Nu-Trend is a plumber and bathroom renovations team in Sydney, available 7 days a week. With 15 years experience, the Directors Rob and Rick are hands-on and provide a personalised service that is fully licensed, insured and qualified. You can check online with the NSW Department of Fair Trading here
HOME OWNERS INSURANCE
Protection for your renovation project.
FULLY LICENCED 217859C
A qualified and licensed builder.
Public liability insurance for peace of mind.
Drainer | Gasfitter | Plumber | LP Gasfitter
Kitchen, Bathroom and Laundry Renovator
STANDARDS AUSTRALIA AS/NZS3500:2018 Compliant
All the work carried out by Nu-Trend is AS/NZ3500:2018 compliant. It is the Australian Standard for Plumbing and Drainage in NSW as set down by Standards Australia and the Australian Building Codes Board. They give the plumbing industry technical direction to enable compliance with required regulatory frameworks.
Rick and Rob are the hands-on Directors for Nu-Trend Plumbing. Rather than hire sub-contractors and manage their business from a distant office, they are on the tools, at your site & working towards delivering your bathroom renovation or plumbing service. It means you are talking directly to the owners of the business, the guys who are accountable and responsible rather than via email or through customer service teams.
It is why they are able to provide a written guarantee that demonstrates their confidence in standing by the quality of their workmanship and the service they deliver to every single client.
They have a very single minded commitment to deliver a high level of professionalism and quality, they’ve been doing it for 15 years.
No sales tricks, guaranteed.
'No Gimmicks' that's our policy
With so many years in the trade, the Nu-Trend team has seen their fair share of sales tricks, special offers, promotions and other gimmicks to secure business. Rather than copy what everyone else is doing they decided a long time ago to avoid all the typical gimmicks and stick to clear, upfront information and pricing, including the provision of free Quotes.
Here are the most common sales gimmicks you will see and how they work, keep in mind there is a reason most service industries don’t disclose fixed prices.
Learn more about Bathroom Renovations with these information pieces.
Hand cut tiles can give your bathroom that totally unique design look and feel with products crafted for your interior design.
Does the renovator you are about to contract have any form of Home Warranty Insurance?