Vanity installation cost in Sydney is roughly $400-$600
- Is the new vanity the exact same size as the old one?
- Are the tap and waste pipes in the same location?
- Does the wall or floor tiling need to be adjusted
- Does the sink have to be removed separately
- Will it be a wall hung unit that requires re-enforcement
- Is it a kit that needs to be constructed or a pre-built unit
- Does a separate wall cabinet or mirror need to be installed on the wall?
- Do the taps need to be replaced or combined to be a single mixer set up.
- Does any of the plumbing need to be moved or adjusted
Whether you are living in your own home or have a rental property in Sydney, there could be a time when you start thinking about replacing your vanity unit. Nu-Trend provides a bathroom vanity installation service in Sydney. The average cost to have a vanity replaced in Sydney is between $400 and $600 depending on the extent of the work required, especially if the whole thing is being completely removed. In some situations it might mean the floor or wall tiling has to get adjusted if the shape or size of the new one is different to the new one. That is why vanity installation costs will vary for different homes as the work required will be different for each situation.
If you just want a bathroom sink changed this might cost slightly less, but a lot will depend if it fits onto the vanity or if any other adjustments have to be made.
Nu-Trend has a team of licensed plumbers & bathroom renovation contractors that can complete this type of work. We can even provide an obligation free quotation over the phone so you can work out the potential costs for your situation.
The average cost in Sydney to have a vanity replaced is around $400. These are some of the common reasons why people will replace a vanity;
- The old vanity gets damaged by water and the doors or drawers don’t open properly
- The top of the vanity might have become worn or damaged and needs to be replaced.
- You are changing the style of the bathroom so a new vanity, basin and top might enhance the look of the room.
- You want to change the shape or size of the vanity to change the usability of your bathroom.
- You want more storage in your bathroom and need a vanity with cupboard space.
You could contract a handyman to install a new vanity although if they don’t have a lot of experience dealing with plumbing it can potentially cause issues, especially if the pipes are not 100% exactly in the same location as the existing ones. If any plumbing connection isn’t fitted correctly it could cause leaks inside the vanity, or worse, behind a wall or under a floor.
A plumber can assess what is required to remove your old vanity, check the plumbing and then install your new one so that the taps, mixer and drain are all working correctly. It changes are needed to the direction or length of the piping then a plumber can make this adjustments and ensure everything is connected correctly.
The plumber cost to install a vanity may be a little more expensive than a local handyman contractor, but, you’d have the peace of mind knowing a licensed professional has done the work who is qualified for that specific task. A plumber is experienced at dealing with all the pipes, water or gas in a home, so they can ensure there are no chances of leaks occurring later on.
The price to install a double vanity may not be too much more than a single vanity. It really depends what is being replaced. So for example if you have a single vanity and want to install a double vanity then extra plumbing may be required or even moving a toilet to make the space.
The only way to find out the installation cost of a double vanity is to organise a free quote and site inspection. The size and shape may be so much larger than the existing unit that the wall tiling has to be changed, if it is wall hung then the wall might have to be re-enforced or the plumbing may have to be adjusted to suit two taps being used.
There are lots of styles of vanity that you can buy in Australia. Some might require a separate sink to be placed on the top of the vanity while others may already have a sink built into the design itself. The installation cost will vary depending on the style of the unit and how the taps have to be connected either in the unit itself or mounted on the wall behind it. Either way our plumbing team can adjust the piping and move the fittings to suit.
If you have a vanity unit that needs to have new floor plumbing our team is able to work out the best way to get this installed for you. If your home is built on a concrete slab we may need to do a wet saw concrete cut to move the direction or length of the plumbing to suit the location of the new vanity waste and water supply plumbing. If your home is built using a sub floor that has crawl space underneath we may be able to cut a new whole in the floor for the plumbing and run it up to the new location for you.
Some home owners love to have exposed floor plumbing were you can see the drain pipe and will choose a colour that matches the room like matt black, polished silver or even brushed steel.
Nu-Trend can remove your pedestal sink and prepare your bathroom to have a new vanity installed in its place. Removing the old pedestal may damage the floor depending on how it has been fixed. Although if your new vanity sits on the floor then this can be concealed without needing to repair it.
If you are installing a new wall hung vanity unit then we can repair the floor tiling and even move the plumbing to run up inside the wall into the wall hung unit. You may even like to have an exposed drain pipe which is in a colour that matches the taps or shower head as part of your interior design.
Our bathroom plumbing renovating team can help you achieve any outcome you like and this type of replacement may cost between $500 and $800 depending on the work required.
We love this question, our answer is ‘How long is the piece of string you are holding?’
Just kidding, but let us explain why we respond like this, there are millions of vanity unit choices available for sale in Australia. So how can we possibly answer the question of ‘how much is a vanity’
You can buy a cheap vanity for around $170 from places like Bunnings, Bathware Direct, eBay etc or you can spend $1,300 on vanity from premium designers like ADP, Loughlan Furniture, Timberline and hundreds of other designers.
Some people will get excited by a quotation that includes the supply of a vanity, but in some cases they don’t realise they might be getting a second hand unit or something bought cheaply that won’t last long.
Also is it just the vanity we are talking about, or is it a combination vanity with a sink? If it doesn’t include a sink then that is another item you need to purchase which changes your cost estimate.
There are a few steps that need to be taken to correctly replace your vanity in Sydney. It is recommended you use a qualified plumber as you will be interfering with your water pipingsystems.
- Remove the existing vanity set up and hope that the existing wall or floor tiles are in good condition and don’t need to be retiled or painted.
- Check if the existing plumbing needs to be upgraded.
- Make sure the selected vanity that has been chosen will definitely fit the space available as well as the plumbing connections available.
- Set up the new vanity and prepare it for installation.
- Sit the vanity in place and ensure the client is happy with what it will look like.
- Begin connecting all the plumbing including taps and mixers.
- Test and commission
- Seal with appropriate colour silicone to suite the surroundings
- Dispose of the old vanity and clean site
When you are considering the replacement of your vanity unit in your bathroom you have to think about what it is you have now & what you are going to be changing to. So for example you might have a pedestal sink and you want to convert that to a full vanity unit, so you may have to rework the plumbing to suit that type of changeover.
You might want a wall hung vanity unit so this will require not only plumbing changes but could also need wall re-enforcement to take the weight of the unit.
Yes, we can help you move the items in your bathroom that are on a concrete slab to alter your floor plan. In this situation, we would have to determine how far each item needs to be moved so that we can check the required services piping. How hard it is to move the floor plan around will depend on how far each item has to move and what the flooring or piping is like. Read our article about changing the floor plan on a concrete slab
Depending on how much space you have in your bathroom and how large or small the new vanity is that you want to install, it might be possible to change the floorplan slightly by putting it in a different location. This can help create more space in the room or change the flow quite considerably. It just really depends on the room and products you are working with.
Generally speaking there are six types of vanity units that you can buy to install in your bathroom. Then of course there are millions of different combinations of base, top, sink & taps to suit your interior design.
- Pedestal Sink – this is also known as a free standing sink. This does not have any particular storage features around its body but it does come with look that adds a sense of class to any bathroom. It can fit in well with any kind of bathroom.
- Free Standing Vanity – is designed with some of the same functional features as a pedestal sink but instead offers a square or rectangular look. It can support one or two sinks and is available in a variety of design choices and finishes.
- Wall Mounted Floating Vanity – directly mounted onto your walled surface in your bathroom. This is great for how it can fit in well within your bathroom and not take up loads of space in the process. In addition, it does not have to be connected directly to your floor.
- Vessel Vanity – is often used in fancy restaurants and hotel lobbies. This is a vanity that uses a rising bowl around the sink area. It protrudes from out of the main body of the vanity and is linked to its own separate tap. There are storage spots on the bottom part like with anything else but the sink on its own will have a fancier look to it. This is a beautiful choice to have but it can take up quite a bit of space depending on what you plan on using with it.
- Under-Mounted Sink – this uses a basin that is built directly inside of the vanity. This adds a more refined and modern look to the vanity as it offers a flatter appearance overall. Sometimes a slight riser can be found around the outside edges of the basin to create a special look all the way through. This is an attractive choice although the under-mounted design does keep the vanity from having as much storage space as some other choices.
- Vanity Cabinet – the most common type of vanity is designed with a series of pull-out doors similar to what you might find out of a more traditional kitchen cabinet. This is made with a classic design that is attractive and gives off a nice tone when used right.
Local | Licensed | Insured
HOME OWNERS INSURANCE
Protection for home owners.
Local Sydney contractors.
FULLY LICENCED 217859C
A qualified and licensed renovator.
Public liability insurance for peace of mind.
Drainer | gas fitter | plumber | renovator
Nu-Trend is a Sydney company with more than 15 years experience completing bathroom renovations & solving plumbing problems. he Directors Rob and Rick are hands-on, and provide a personalised service.
STANDARDS AUSTRALIA AS/NZS3500:2018 Compliant
All the work carried out by Nu-Trend is AS/NZ3500:2018 compliant. It is the Australian Standard for Plumbing and Drainage in NSW as set down by Standards Australia and the Australian Building Codes Board. They give the plumbing industry technical direction to enable compliance with required regulatory frameworks.
15 years experience with a written commitment.
Rick and Rob are the hands-on directors for Nu-Trend. Rather than hire sub-contractors and manage their business from a distant office, they are on the tools, at your site & working towards delivering your bathroom renovation or plumbing service. It means you are talking directly to the owners of the business, the guys who are accountable and responsible rather than via email or through customer service teams.
It is why they are able to provide a written guarantee that demonstrates their confidence in standing by the quality of their workmanship and the service they deliver to every single client.
They have a very single minded commitment to deliver a high level of professionalism and quality, they’ve been doing renovation contracting in Sydney for 15+ years.