Our bathroom renovation in North Sydney
When they say ‘Change it all’ for a bathroom renovation we get a little bit excited. This 1950’s style home had received other updates to the living areas and kitchen but it was time for some work to be done on the bathroom. The Client had been travelling and loved the style of the bathrooms they had when they were in a hotel overseas. So using the photos they provided us we set about re-creating it for them in their home.
We are very particular when it comes to working with other trades, sometimes we do decline requests to collaborate on jobs. Although we have worked with the building team at EZY PROJECTS for this site and many others, we always enjoy working with this crew because;
- They are great builders who don’t cut corners.
- Most of their building work has been crafted by Designers so it includes a very detailed scope of work.
- They typically use high quality fixtures and tap ware to create premium quality builds.
- We continually learn new techniques that we can apply to our own renovation projects.
We helped source the tiles, tap fittings, shower head, vanity, toilet and more so that we could re-create their version of the perfect bathroom. This master bathroom renovation was a classic case of transforming the room from ancient to modern.
We can complete bathroom renovations in Sydney for a house, unit or townhouse. We are able to work with all types of room shapes and sizes creating a design in collaboration with a designer or working with your ideas. For this particular project the home was located in the heart of North Sydney. With a complete gutting of the existing room we could design a bespoke room down to every detail.
What did we do in this bathroom renovation?
Our scope of work for this bathroom renovation was extensive and included the following items while the Client supplied all their own products;
- Managing the demolition of the existing bathroom.
- Removing all the rubbish.
- Concreting and slab preparation.
- Some of the electrical work.
- Carpentry work for the existing door and skirting.
- Waterproofing and certification processes.
- All the tiling.
- Painting the room.
- Some structural work to shift wall dividers and cavity spaces.
The luxury finishes used in this bathroom re-created the opulence and ambiance of a hotel experience. A lovely warm palette with neutral tones creates a sense of calm with lots of space for a couple to enjoy. Everything was chosen to compliment other parts of the house even though the work was done at different times.
What have our clients said?
What was unique about this bathroom renovation?
The client sourced and supplied all the items that went into this bathroom like;
- Natural stone look wall tiles.
- Large format wall tiles.
- MILLI accessories.
- Sussex Scala tapware mixer.
- Omvivo vanity.
- Laufen pro toilet suite.
- Gebrit button kit.
- Milli Innox overhead shower head set up.
- Victoria and Albert matte white bath.
Being a larger bathroom it was in about 6 weeks with a similar room makeover costing between $50,000 – $60,000. We introduced a few design features in this room to improve its functionality like the in-wall niche which created extra storage space for things like soap bottles and accessories in the shower. So no bending down or hanging things off the shower head or walls.
We were able to install a Victoria and Albert Bath which looked and worked perfectly for this site. It was a little tricky to manage with its matte white finish and we didn’t want to scratch anything.
Photos of the completed bathroom renovation.
* Please note these before and after photos are not professional property images. They have been taken using a mobile phone making it quick and easy to show off some of our work without gimmicks or photoshop trickery.