SYDNEY BLOCKED DRAINS PLUMBER
A local plumber in Sydney that can fix your blocked drain.
Choose Nu-Trend a blocked drain expert plumber with more than 10 years experience providing plumbing services as a Sydney local. Originally founded by father and son, this highly recommended team has extensive experience as a drain cleaner to fix blocked drains and sewers even for emergency plumbing situations for home owners and small businesses.
We are an independent local plumber trained in the latest techniques for fixing your drainage system for all kinds including kitchen sinks, bathroom sinks as well as blocked showers and toilet plumbing. We have modern equipment like CCTV cameras, high pressure hot water jet and other items to inspect, clear or repair even the most stubborn clogged pipes.
There are lots of different types of blocked drains in your house and they could be related to the toilet, shower, kitchen sink, underground pipes or other areas in your home. We are drain experts and know you will normally notice things like the toilet has a low water level, the water drains slowly in the sink, there is a foul smell near a drain or there are gurgling noises. We can inspect pipes with a CCTV Drain Camera and fix your drainage system quickly.
Blocked drain plumber questions
Four warning signs you have a blocked drain
It is possible to prevent drainage system problems and getting a blocked drain pipe or sewer in Sydney by being able to detect the early warning signs. Needing a blocked drains plumber is a pretty common service to request in Sydney, but you can avoid it by being aware of these things happening in your home. Sometimes it can be a simple drain blockage or a pipe that is clogged, but in other situations it could be your main sewer line that is blocked, getting a drain expert can identify this correctly to then fix your drainage system.
These are the things to watch out for;
- Slow Draining Water – it is a sink blockage? Slow draining water in sinks can be a sign of a blocked bath pipe, clogged shower drain or blocked waste pipes. As water pools, it drains slowly and can’t get through the pipes quickly. The blocked sink may worsen as soap, hair, food or oil continues to clog the drain which could result in flooding. To prevent clogged pipes getting worse you should try to remove the blockage or have a qualified plumber inspect it.
- Low water level – a blocked toilet? A clear sign of a clogged toilet drain or sewer pipes is low toilet water levels or flushing with high bowl water height. Sometimes this can be a really slow draining toilet that is caused by a clog in the drain. These are critical to fix because a clogged toilet drain could lead to an overflow of raw sewerage if the main sewer line is blocked.
- A foul smell or odour – a blocked drain? Have you ever wandered around the house and smelt a weird smell, a bit like dirty water mixed with garbage bin smell? That odour is coming up from the drains where the blockage isn’t allowing waste to be removed, so the water becomes stagnant and smells. Typically it will come from a drain and near the laundry, bathtub, toilet etc. A smelly drain is a sign of a clogged system that needs clearing.
- Strange gurgling drain noises – blocked pipes? A blocked drain will sometimes create a gurgling noise from the pipes as the water drains away from the obstruction. This weird gurgling noise in your pipes could be a sign of larger blocked drain problems. We have CCTV Digital cameras that can look inside the pipe to see what the issue is.
What is the worst type of blocked drainage system?
By far and away the worst type of blocked drain anyone can experience is the sewer. Obviously nobody in Sydney ever really thinks about their sewer lines until you have a major problem. Depending on the scale of your sewer blockage you can have raw sewage coming back up out of other drains or out on the street. As drain experts, we are equipped with CCTV drain camera inspection gear, high pressure water jet equipment and other tools to fix drain pipe problems quickly, although preventative measures are better than a cure to avoid the cost of plumbing repairs whether it is your sewer or kitchen sink.
What can cause a blocked drain?
Let’s say you are experiencing one of the four warning signs of a blocked drain that we have explained above, then your next question will probably be what has caused the blocked drain to occur in the first place and how can you fix it? This is what we have typically found to be the cause of blocked drains in Sydney.
- Hair is the most common thing to cause a blocked drain. Other oil, grease and small debris can quickly stick to hair and over time it builds up to cause a blockage. Sometimes this may be high up in the pipe and is easy to fix. Other times it may be deeper in the system and need a hot water jet blast to clear it quickly.
- Soap is the next most surprising thing that blocks drains and this is because some of them are made with oils and other chemicals that over time can create a sludge in the pipes. That sludge traps other items and over time creates a blockage.
- Food scraps are very common to be found in a blocked drain because large pieces can get trapped with other debris and reduce the water flow. As the pipe is moist these items may not really dissolve and can even become stagnant or mouldy.
- Tree roots are the main cause of rains significant pipe damage. A root may enter via small cracks or leaky underground pipes and they can then become an intrusion into drains as they grow with the abundance of water.. Once inside the pipes, plant roots grow quickly, obstruct water flow and can cause serious pipe damage. Clearing tree roots from pipes is often complex and may require high-pressure jetter cleaning, trenchless pipe relining repair and sometimes even excavation.
- Small toys if you have kids you will know they love to play with water. So quite often toys are thrown down the toilet for that satisfying ‘plop’ sound and can be flushed into the drain to block it quickly. We have built up quite a big Lego collection over the years.
- Sanitary items lets face it, some items should never be put down the toilet but they are. There are quite a lot of sanitary items that do not have biodegradable properties so they can block pipes and drains very quickly. This even includes some types of paper towel, newspaper or other items.
- Other items that we have seen inside drainage systems have included; tampons, teabags, pads, rats, cockroaches, balls of grease, cat heads, syringes and nappies. These items have been put down a kitcken sink, into a toilet or down a shower drain and have required emergency plumbing or a professional, highly recommended drain cleaner to fix the clogged drain.
DIY tips to clear a blocked drain
One of the quickest and easiest solutions to fix a blocked drain is to try pouring a pot of boiling water into the drain. In many cases this may be enough to loosen or dissolve the blockage without having to resort to more serious measures. Be careful though, you should only use method on metal or ceramic pipes, as the heat can loosen joints on plastic or PVC pipes.
There are some other methods that people might use to fix a blocked drain such as;
- Unblock a drain with a plunger – if you are lucky, using a household plunger may do the trick as it can suck the air through the pipes to push the blockage through.
- Getting a bent wire coat hanger – you might be able to twist and poke it down the drain to loosen the blockage. Although this will depend on the shape of your drain, how far down the blockage is or even what the blockage is.
- Baking soda and vinegar – this is a popular method that is used that can work sometimes but you need to be careful about what proportion of each one you use and sometimes you may need to leave it overnight before the blockage is cleared. You would also need to check on the material and thickness of your drain pipes to prevent any other damage.
- A wet and dry vacuum cleaner – we have heard of some people placing a vacuum cleaner over their drain to try and suck out the debris. Although the success of this method depends on how strong the vacuum is, whether you can create a seal around the drain and how far down the blockage is.
- Caustic soda – this is extremely dangerous and similar to baking soda could cause damage to pipes, your flooring or even yourself if you are not properly protected. It may also require multiple doses to clear the blockage.
There may be other combinations or methods to fix a blocked drain that you can read about on the internet or YouTube. Ultimately though if you want a drain unblocked quickly it is recommended to get a professional local plumber to do it for you. We can then also check to see if there are other underlying issues causing the problem like broken pipes, tree roots inside pipes etc
Blocked and clogged drains are a nasty problem as they can happen in the kitchen, bathroom or shower and are often caused due to build-up of grease or plant roots that have found their way into the pipes. Typically how owners don’t understanding the causes of blockages and are not fully equipped to fix the problem. A reliable plunger is a good first line of defence, chemicals might work but are harmful to pipes and the environment, but in many cases the job requires a high-pressure water jet.
The first process of unblocking a blocked drain pipe is drainage. If traditional methods such as plungers or drain cleaning liquids do not work, then you will need to contact us for help. We can determine the cause of the blocked drain, give you a cost of the drain unblocking fix and remedy the situation ensuring the highest quality of work is performed. We are fully qualified and licenced with years of experience in the plumbing industry. We have an extensive range of tools that are designed specifically for the clearing of blocked drains like our high pressure water jet which forces any blockages loose. With the common threats of water shortages, all household plumbing supplies have been designed to provide maximum efficiency while reducing cost. If you are using outdated plumbing equipment you should consider upgrading your equipment to more efficient replacements to prevent clogged drains.
If you leave a blocked drain for too long it can create further damage than you can imagine, especially if it effects the property’s foundations or internal structures. Nu-Trend has all the latest equipment to provide a range of plumbing services for your property;
- House, unit, apartment or townhouse.
- Residential, commercial, industrial or rental properties.
- Same day high pressure water jet blasting available.
- Same day inspection and dig up available.
- Burst pipe location and CCTV digital camera inspections.
Can you see inside my blocked drain?
Yes, we have CCTV digital camera equipment that can be placed inside a pipe to see what the blockage may be and to inspect other areas of your piping to make sure there are no other problems.
Can you unblock my drain with a gerni ?
We have professional hydro water blasting equipment that can be used to unblock drains, pipes and other water related areas of your property which has been specially designed for this purpose.
Local | Licensed | Insured
Nu-Trend is a plumber and bathroom renovations team in Sydney, available 7 days a week. With 15 years experience, the Directors Rob and Rick are hands-on and provide a personalised service that is fully licensed, insured and qualified. You can check online with the NSW Department of Fair Trading here
HOME OWNERS INSURANCE
Protection for your renovation project.
FULLY LICENCED 217859C
A qualified and licensed builder.
Public liability insurance for peace of mind.
Drainer | Gasfitter | Plumber | LP Gasfitter
Kitchen, Bathroom and Laundry Renovator
STANDARDS AUSTRALIA AS/NZS3500:2018 Compliant
All the work carried out by Nu-Trend is AS/NZ3500:2018 compliant. It is the Australian Standard for Plumbing and Drainage in NSW as set down by Standards Australia and the Australian Building Codes Board. They give the plumbing industry technical direction to enable compliance with required regulatory frameworks.
Local Sydney Plumber
PROFESSIONAL PLUMBER FOR RESIDENTIAL | COMMERCIAL | INDUSTRIAL
Choose Nu-Trend as your blocked drains plumber.
Your decision for selecting a plumber in Sydney may purely come down to price. Although we know from experience that delivering an incredible service is more than just about price. Here are ten reasons we believe you should make us your choice for any plumbing work required.
Organised & prepared
Tidy work site
Over 100 reviews
Plumbing services in Sydney.
A personal plumber service
Do you remember the ‘old days’ when personal service was the norm? That is how Rick and Rob treat each client when it comes to their plumber services.
You deal directly with the owners of the business who have more than 10 years experience, over 100 written reviews and provide a written guarantee without any gimmicks.
They have a very single minded commitment to deliver a high level of professionalism and quality. To deliver this they use industry leading brands to perform upgrades, repairs or replacements when it comes to taps, pipes, drains, fixtures or fittings.
Nu-Trend will tackle any size of project across all suburbs of Sydney and even provides a 24/7 emergency plumber service.
“...For over 3 years now we have been operating and using Nu-Trend’s plumbing services and have been impressed with the level of attention and care your team put in to going over and above the levels that we have expected....”
Rick and Rob are the hands-on Directors for Nu-Trend Plumbing. Rather than hire sub-contractors and manage their business from a distant office, they are on the tools, at your site & working towards delivering your bathroom renovation or plumbing service. It means you are talking directly to the owners of the business, the guys who are accountable and responsible rather than via email or through customer service teams.
It is why they are able to provide a written guarantee that demonstrates their confidence in standing by the quality of their workmanship and the service they deliver to every single client.
They have a very single minded commitment to deliver a high level of professionalism and quality, they’ve been doing it for 15 years.