Sydney Plumber Leak Detection Can Save Money
Can a plumber find a leak in a house?
Getting a leak detected and repaired can save you thousands in water bills. This property owner’s water meter was losing 9L a minute however there were no visible signs of water pooling anywhere, no dampness, nothing. So it was a mystery as to where or how water was going somewhere.
Luckily they called Nu-Trend plumbing as we are local experts that can detect water leaks with our specialist equipment anywhere in Sydney.
The property owner could hear the soft hissing noise inside the house like someone was using a tap or having a shower as the water was flowing through the pipes and was quite audible. Their water meter was running and even after they turned off all their taps ther was still 9 litres a minute running somewhere in the property.
Normally you can detect a water leak by seeing signs of ;
- Soft or mushy ground in your backyard
- Water coming out from the footpath or driveway
- Water pooling around your property
- Water stains on the footings of your walls
Are leak detection services important?
Water pipe leaks are some of the most destructive and dangerous plumbing issues you can have. Mainly because in lots of cases you can’t see them as they may be hidden underground like the example above. Nu-Trend Plumbing offer emergency leak detection, water pipe repairs and other plumbing services to Sydney businesses and homeowners 7 days a week with free upfront quotations.
If you suspect a water pipe leak, it’s important to contact a specialist plumber immediately. Our certified plumbers can quickly locate the leak and develop a repair plan to fix the problem. The solution to fixing a leak will vary based on the scenario, property type etc. No matter where the leak is, our plumbing team has the tools to repair it whether it is in your walls, ceiling, concrete slab or backyard.
With our special electronic leak detection equipment, we can locate even small leaks. These can turn into catastrophic problems over time and cost lots more to get repaired. Water damage can become so severe that entire rooms require renovating or repairing. So you can protect your family or business by getting a water pipe inspection before any major issues develop.
Plumbing leaks can be difficult to detect, but there are signs you can look for;
- You might be able to hear a water leak; if it is severe enough, you may be able to hear it. Whether the sound is fast or slow, the fact you can hear running water means there is a problem and a possible plumbing leak.
- High water bills; ok ignore the fact you might be having long showers, if your water bills seem to be huge it can be potentially a leak. Checking a water meter can help a person determine whether they may be dealing with a leak.
- Funny smells or odours; leaks can also lead to foul-smelling odours, as well as damage to walls and floors as water is escaping your piping system somewhere.
An undiagnosed leak can be a big problem in both either short or long-term. Getting help from a plumbing professional can clear things up for a person who is unsure whether they have a plumbing leak. A plumbing expert can help determine if a leak is present and also provide valuable information about its severity, then the best way to approach repairing it.
No one wants to spend money investigating a deep leak only to find out the problem is in another area. This can also lead to the initial leak growing worse over time, which can raise repair costs and increase the stress of the experience. Professional leak detection in Sydney allows any person to get the right solution to their plumbing problems quickly.
Years of experience
Nu-Trend since 2009
Nu-Trend was formed just over 10 years ago by father and son team, Rick and Michael Karagiannis.
Michael has been in the industry for more than 20 years, passing his knowledge and expertise to Rick as the family tradition lives on.
Rick has always enjoyed the finer elements design details. Not content with solving plumbing problems he soon broadened his skills to also do bathroom renovations in Sydney. A perfect match with hundreds of reviews later & beautiful bathrooms being enjoyed by hundreds of people.
The passionate business owner who loves his job, always goes the extra mile & who many say “is too good for the industry”
Rick dislikes the typical industry behaviour and firmly believes in ‘no gimmicks’ and upfront, honest work.
- Position: Director
- Years in the industry: 15
- Expertise / specialty: A hands-on Director and business owner who provides leadership for the team.
- Qualifications: Licensed Plumber, Bathroom Renovator.
- What he loves about his work? I love helping people when someone wants something and we achieve what they are after it’s rewarding for me.
- Funniest on the job story: Doing a job on a live sewer stack and someone flushing the toilet while we were underneath. It was quite brown, but you had to laugh.
- Favourite brand of bathroom product: Caroma Products
Robert is the co-owner of Nu-Trend who loves walking into different scenarios every day & trying to solve problems quickly.
He is the organiser in the team, keeping the boys on track each day. Some dub him the ‘pretty face’ of Nu-Trend.
- Position: Director
- Years in industry: 14
- Expertise / specialty: Quoting, team organisation and logistics to keep everything running smoothly.
- Qualifications: Licensed Plumber and Bathroom Renovator.
- What he loves about his work? Doing something different every day and working with really good people to solve a range of everyday problems.
- Funniest on the job story: Pranking the boys with fake emails or calls and waiting to see their reactions. Funny at times but a good way to practice real situations.
- Favourite brand of bathroom product: Boffi Products
Chris joined Rick and Robert a few years ago as the number of jobs and bathroom renovations began to increase.
Ever reliable Chris gets stuck in when the hard work is required and provides the Nu-Trend team with a lot of the hard yakka.
- Position: Plumber
- Years in industry: 6
- Expertise / specialty: Maintenance and domestic plumbing for houses or unit apartment blocks.
- Qualifications: Licensed Plumber with aspirations to learn about renovations.
- What he loves about his work? Seeing Nu-Trend customers satisfied after a completed job where they notice the little details or finishing touches.
- Funniest on the job story: Too many to list and he has been thinking about writing a book about funny plumber stories for everyone to read about.
- Favourite brand of bathroom product: Boffi Products
Local | Licensed | Insured
Nu-Trend is a plumber and bathroom renovations team in Sydney, available 7 days a week. With 15 years experience, the Directors Rob and Rick are hands-on and provide a personalised service that is fully licensed, insured and qualified. You can check online with the NSW Department of Fair Trading here
FULLY LICENCED 217859C
A qualified and licenced service provider.
Public liability insurance for peace of mind.
Drainer | Gasfitter | Plumber | LP Gasfitter
Kitchen, Bathroom and Laundry Renovator
STANDARDS AUSTRALIA AS/NZS3500:2018 Compliant
All the work carried out by Nu-Trend is AS/NZ3500:2018 compliant. It is the Australian Standard for Plumbing and Drainage in NSW as set down by Standards Australia and the Australian Building Codes Board. They give the plumbing industry technical direction to enable compliance with required regulatory frameworks.
A personal, written, committment.
The Nu-Trend service guarantee
Rick and Rob are the hands-on Directors for Nu-Trend Plumbing. Rather than hire sub-contractors and manage their business from a distant office, they are on the tools, at your site & working towards delivering your bathroom renovation or plumbing service. It means you are talking directly to the owners of the business, the guys who are accountable and responsible rather than via email or through customer service teams.
It is why they are able to provide a written guarantee that demonstrates their confidence in standing by the quality of their workmanship and the service they deliver to every single client.
They have a very single minded commitment to deliver a high level of professionalism and quality.
No sales tricks, guaranteed.
'No Gimmicks' that's our policy
With so many years in the trade, the Nu-Trend team has seen their fair share of sales tricks, special offers, promotions and other gimmicks to secure business. Rather than copy what everyone else is doing they decided a long time ago to avoid all the typical gimmicks and stick to clear, upfront information and pricing, including the provision of free Quotes.
Here are the most common sales gimmicks you will see and how they work, keep in mind there is a reason most service industries don’t disclose fixed prices.
Real examples, real jobs.
Nu-Trend at work
Rather than use lots of photos copied from Google or from bathroom suppliers the Nu-Trend team shares real life examples of their work. Take a look at some of the bathroom renovations or local plumber jobs they have done around Sydney.