It is easy to conceal a laundry to make better use of your space.
Why would you want to conceal a laundry?
For many house, unit or apartment designs there is typically a separate room that is used for the laundry. Historically this would require a large sink and space for a large washing machine and maybe even a floor-standing clothes dryer. So for many property owners, this space is wasted on a floor plan and could be used to expand adjoining rooms to add value to a property.
How can you conceal a laundry?
It isn’t too difficult to conceal a laundry because these days appliances are smaller, there are washer/dryer combos and with properties smaller than 50 years ago, saving space is more of a priority for people these days.
You can conceal a laundry in a few different ways depending on the property type and floor plan you have;
- Relocate it to another part of the property; this could be an adjoining space to a kitchen or an existing bathroom to make use of existing services. A wall niche could potentially be created to place the appliances.
- Renovate the laundry; you could replace the existing items in the laundry, reducing the size available for appliances or a stand-alone sink for example. By then using modern cabinetry you can maximise the available space and storage available. This also gives you the chance to improve lighting and ventilation in the room.
- Re-purpose a room or space in the property; using our expertise as plumbers and bathroom renovators we can also help you work out ways you could re-purpose existing spaces in your property. A pantry or storage cupboard could be turned into a laundry for example and we can help relocate electricals, plumbing and waste disposal to accomodate.
What other benefit is there to conceal a laundry?
You may have a situation where you need a second laundry, so rather than having a completely separate room a concealed one may be more useful. So for example it could be a two storey house with an elderly person living downstairs, a concealed laundry can make it simple for them to access without needing a whole room.
Being small it means it can be hidden away from visiting guests and depending on the design you can create extra storage space for things like towels or other household items
What is the cost to conceal a laundry?
The cheapest way to conceal a laundry would be to close your eyes, just kidding. Determining a cost to conceal a laundry is difficult as every single situation will be unique so for example;
- How large is the area that needs to be concealed?
- What type of property is it?
- What type of flooring and walls are at the property?
- Are we working around the existing space or creating a new one?
the list goes on. Although what we are able to do is inspect your site, listen to your needs then draw on our expertise to create a solution to meet your budget and needs.
Years of experience
Nu-Trend since 2009
Nu-Trend was formed just over 10 years ago by father and son team, Rick and Michael Karagiannis.
Michael has been in the industry for more than 20 years, passing his knowledge and expertise to Rick as the family tradition lives on.
Rick has always enjoyed the finer elements design details. Not content with solving plumbing problems he soon broadened his skills to also do bathroom renovations in Sydney. A perfect match with hundreds of reviews later & beautiful bathrooms being enjoyed by hundreds of people.
The passionate business owner who loves his job, always goes the extra mile & who many say “is too good for the industry”
Rick dislikes the typical industry behaviour and firmly believes in ‘no gimmicks’ and upfront, honest work.
- Position: Director
- Years in the industry: 15
- Expertise / specialty: A hands-on Director and business owner who provides leadership for the team.
- Qualifications: Licensed Plumber, Bathroom Renovator.
- What he loves about his work? I love helping people when someone wants something and we achieve what they are after it’s rewarding for me.
- Funniest on the job story: Doing a job on a live sewer stack and someone flushing the toilet while we were underneath. It was quite brown, but you had to laugh.
- Favourite brand of bathroom product: Caroma Products
Robert is the co-owner of Nu-Trend who loves walking into different scenarios every day & trying to solve problems quickly.
He is the organiser in the team, keeping the boys on track each day. Some dub him the ‘pretty face’ of Nu-Trend.
- Position: Director
- Years in industry: 14
- Expertise / specialty: Quoting, team organisation and logistics to keep everything running smoothly.
- Qualifications: Licensed Plumber and Bathroom Renovator.
- What he loves about his work? Doing something different every day and working with really good people to solve a range of everyday problems.
- Funniest on the job story: Pranking the boys with fake emails or calls and waiting to see their reactions. Funny at times but a good way to practice real situations.
- Favourite brand of bathroom product: Boffi Products
Chris joined Rick and Robert a few years ago as the number of jobs and bathroom renovations began to increase.
Ever reliable Chris gets stuck in when the hard work is required and provides the Nu-Trend team with a lot of the hard yakka.
- Position: Plumber
- Years in industry: 6
- Expertise / specialty: Maintenance and domestic plumbing for houses or unit apartment blocks.
- Qualifications: Licensed Plumber with aspirations to learn about renovations.
- What he loves about his work? Seeing Nu-Trend customers satisfied after a completed job where they notice the little details or finishing touches.
- Funniest on the job story: Too many to list and he has been thinking about writing a book about funny plumber stories for everyone to read about.
- Favourite brand of bathroom product: Boffi Products
Local | Licensed | Insured
Nu-Trend is a plumber and bathroom renovations team in Sydney, available 7 days a week. With 15 years experience, the Directors Rob and Rick are hands-on and provide a personalised service that is fully licensed, insured and qualified. You can check online with the NSW Department of Fair Trading here
HOME OWNERS INSURANCE
Protection for your renovation project.
FULLY LICENCED 217859C
A qualified and licensed builder.
Public liability insurance for peace of mind.
Drainer | Gasfitter | Plumber | LP Gasfitter
Kitchen, Bathroom and Laundry Renovator
STANDARDS AUSTRALIA AS/NZS3500:2018 Compliant
All the work carried out by Nu-Trend is AS/NZ3500:2018 compliant. It is the Australian Standard for Plumbing and Drainage in NSW as set down by Standards Australia and the Australian Building Codes Board. They give the plumbing industry technical direction to enable compliance with required regulatory frameworks.
A personal, written, committment.
The Nu-Trend service guarantee
Rick and Rob are the hands-on Directors for Nu-Trend Plumbing. Rather than hire sub-contractors and manage their business from a distant office, they are on the tools, at your site & working towards delivering your bathroom renovation or plumbing service. It means you are talking directly to the owners of the business, the guys who are accountable and responsible rather than via email or through customer service teams.
It is why they are able to provide a written guarantee that demonstrates their confidence in standing by the quality of their workmanship and the service they deliver to every single client.
They have a very single minded commitment to deliver a high level of professionalism and quality.
No sales tricks, guaranteed.
'No Gimmicks' that's our policy
With so many years in the trade, the Nu-Trend team has seen their fair share of sales tricks, special offers, promotions and other gimmicks to secure business. Rather than copy what everyone else is doing they decided a long time ago to avoid all the typical gimmicks and stick to clear, upfront information and pricing, including the provision of free Quotes.
Here are the most common sales gimmicks you will see and how they work, keep in mind there is a reason most service industries don’t disclose fixed prices.
Real examples, real jobs.
Nu-Trend at work
Rather than use lots of photos copied from Google or from bathroom suppliers the Nu-Trend team shares real life examples of their work. Take a look at some of the bathroom renovations or local plumber jobs they have done around Sydney.
We completed this bathroom renovation that featured a custom built vanity from Eclipse timber furniture in Sydney.