Move a hot water system to make changes to your property's floorplan or house extensions.
Nu-Trend is a very experienced, qualified, Sydney plumber that can service, replace or move hot water system plumbing. Nu-Trend can install hot water systems for units, townhouses, houses or even commercial properties. For this project we were asked to move a Rheem Hot Water System to help the owner with upcoming house renovations. Nu-Trend is an experienced plumbing contractor that can do hot water system installations in Sydney.
You need a qualified Sydney plumber to move a hot water system safely.
We have seen a few property owners try to move a hot water system on their own but every time it has lead to all types of issues. There are so many things to consider when it comes to an item that involves high pressure water, electricity & water storage.
Therefore it is not wise for people to try and move it themselves and these are some things to consider;
- If the hot water system is old then the tank could potentially be fragile and if not moved correctly it could fracture the tank which may lead to leaks.
- There are a number of regulations that need to be met which only a qualified plumber can ensure are met.
- If your hot water system us under warranty you can void it by not using a qualified plumber.
- Moving a hot water tank involves dealing with plumbing, electricity and even potentially engineering to ensure the flooring can take the weight of the unit when full of water.
There are quite a few things to consider when moving a hot water tank.
If you are thinking about moving your hot water system there are quite a few things to plan before it is done. Nu-Trend has many years experience helping property owners moving hot water systems. Sometimes it can be relatively easy if the unit is only moving a small distance, the existing piping or connections might be able to be extended.
For this project this is how we moved the hot water tank;
- Disconnect the copper cold water inlet feed and hot water copper outlet to existing hot water unit.
- An electrician disconnected the electrical feed which powers up the system.
- We left the existing brass nipples screwed into the tank and carefully lifted it to its new position.
- The property owner in this situation wanted to maximise the space available in their laundry so we moved the hot water tank to open the laundry room up.
- We were able to use an outside already that already had a bricked nib area which was also under cover. This was a great spot because even though it is outdoors it is still weather proof, meaning there isn’t a lot of sunlight, it reduces the chance of rain damage and will prolong the life of the hot water system. So we prepared the location for the hot water tank will be moved to including a base that was ventilated and raised.
- The relatively easy part of this project was extending the cold and hot copper piping 8 metres through the ceiling space to re pick up the hot water system.
- The 3/4 copper pipe cold water inlet feeds and fills the units & the 1/2 inch copper hot water outlet feeds the house with hot water after the water has been warmed up.
- With this hot water unit there is a provision flow and return line for a potential solar panel system if the owners ever want to convert this to a solar powered hot water unit, at the moment this is not connected as the owners didn’t want to upgrade to solar panels for now.
- The electrical ran his power and connected this up
READ OUR FREE GUIDE
Local | Licensed | Insured
HOME OWNERS INSURANCE
Protection for your renovation project.
Contract a local Sydney renovator.
FULLY LICENCED 217859C
A qualified and licensed builder.
Public liability insurance for peace of mind.
Drainer | Gasfitter | Plumber | LP Gasfitter
Kitchen, Bathroom and Laundry Renovator
Nu-Trend is a renovations company in Sydney that is available 7 days a week. With 15 years experience, the Directors Rob and Rick are hands-on, and provide a personalised service that is fully licensed, insured and qualified.
You can check online with the NSW Department of Fair Trading here
STANDARDS AUSTRALIA AS/NZS3500:2018 Compliant
All the work carried out by Nu-Trend is AS/NZ3500:2018 compliant. It is the Australian Standard for Plumbing and Drainage in NSW as set down by Standards Australia and the Australian Building Codes Board. They give the plumbing industry technical direction to enable compliance with required regulatory frameworks.
The Nu-Trend service guarantee
A personal, written, committment.
Rick and Rob are the hands-on Directors for Nu-Trend Plumbing. Rather than hire sub-contractors and manage their business from a distant office, they are on the tools, at your site & working towards delivering your bathroom renovation or plumbing service. It means you are talking directly to the owners of the business, the guys who are accountable and responsible rather than via email or through customer service teams.
It is why they are able to provide a written guarantee that demonstrates their confidence in standing by the quality of their workmanship and the service they deliver to every single client.
They have a very single minded commitment to deliver a high level of professionalism and quality.
'No Gimmicks' that's our policy
No sales tricks, guaranteed.
With so many years in the trade, the Nu-Trend team has seen their fair share of sales tricks, special offers, promotions and other gimmicks to secure business. Rather than copy what everyone else is doing they decided a long time ago to avoid all the typical gimmicks and stick to clear, upfront information and pricing, including the provision of free Quotes.
Here are the most common sales gimmicks you will see and how they work, keep in mind there is a reason most service industries don’t disclose fixed prices.
Nu-Trend at work
Real examples, real jobs.
Rather than use lots of photos copied from Google or from bathroom suppliers the Nu-Trend team shares real life examples of their work. Take a look at some of the bathroom renovations or local plumber jobs they have done around Sydney.
You can add value to your home and practicality by converting a 3 way bathroom into separate rooms
Years of Plumbing experience
Nu-Trend since 2009
Nu-Trend was formed just over 10 years ago by father and son team, Rick and Michael Karagiannis.
Michael has been in the industry for more than 20 years, passing his knowledge and expertise to Rick as the family tradition lives on.
Rick has always enjoyed the finer elements design details. Not content with solving plumbing problems he soon broadened his skills to also do bathroom renovations in Sydney. A perfect match with hundreds of reviews later & beautiful bathrooms being enjoyed by hundreds of people.