Learn more about Bathroom Renovations: Why Renovating Your Bathroom Adds Value to Your Home
Sydney bathroom renovations for houses, apartments or units.
Renovating your bathroom and kitchen are typically the two areas that increase the value of your home and you’ll find it is what real estate experts will recommend as the first place to start. Both of these rooms are where we spend most of our fdaily lives so it makes sense they are the first areas people consider. Plus they are harder to update compared to a backyard, bedroom or living room.
Recent statistics from sites like Domain show that the number of bathrooms in properties are over 2.5 per home. So it becomes a worthwhile area to consider for your investment either to enjoy yourself or to make money later in life. A bathroom can help sell a property faster by attracting more buyers who don’t want to go through renovation hassles themselves.
Here are some suggestions to follow;
- Choosing the bathroom items; things like vanities, toilet suites, baths, tapware and accessories are the things that generally set the tone and largely determine the cost of a bathroom renovation. It makes the difference between your bathroom renovation being “budget” or “luxury”. Remember, if your aim is to update your bathroom purely for resale, you wont be the one to enjoy the expensive spa baths, shower massagers or heated toilet seats and other such luxury items. However, it is important to purchase quality, modern items such as mixer taps, adjustable hand held shower roses and light/fan/heater units as these not only look great, but are standard in all recent bathroom renovations. So you need to decide on these items based on the purpose of the room and renovation.
- Including a bath in your renovation; whilst almost all modern bathrooms have a shower area, your aim is to have your bathroom appeal to as many perspective buyers as possible including families with young children. Not having a bathroom with a bath in the home will inevitably mean an instant “no” from these groups unless they renovate the bathroom themselves which could in reduce the sale price of your home. There are many ways in which a bath can be incorporated into small bathrooms. Manufacturers have in recent years added smaller sized free standing baths to their product lines and built-in baths can quite easily be included within bathrooms with limited space. Aim to avoid shower over bath installations as these are considered outdated and a fall hazard to many people, although if necessary, a shower/ bath installation can be safe and have a contemporary appeal.
- Choose a vanity with lots of storage; if its good enough for ‘The Block’ then its good enough for everyone. Recent trends have seen vanities wall mounted, streamline and some with little storage space. While these may look great and certainly make the bathroom appear more spacious, some designs are impractical as far as storage goes, so aim to purchase a vanity that is both modern and practical.
- Recessed mirrors; a design trick here is to add a recessed mirrored wall cabinet that creates more space in the room but also that extra, much valued storage space or “face level storage”.
- Stick with classic and neutral colour schemes when choosing your tiles. Bold and bright colours that appeal to your personal taste and those that may happen to be on trend now, can actually date your bathroom in just a few short years. Remember, you are renovating your bathroom to appeal to as many perspective buyers as possible, not only those who prefer bold colours. White walls with a feature floor or a single feature wall is always a stunning effect creating a light, airy and spacious bathroom with character. Soft neutrals make a bathroom space calming, almost spa like while not overwhelming the room.
- Choose chrome tapware. Whilst black, brass and a variety of other tapware finishes are very much on trend and undeniably look amazing, they are of a particular taste. As with colour schemes, when it comes to resale, tapware is best kept with the classics to appeal to the majority. Chrome is by far the best choice for appealing to the largest percentage of buyers as it is a fabulous finish that does not require special care.
- Hire experienced, licensed professionals. It doesn’t matter how carefully you choose your tiles, fittings and accessories, if they are not fixed, fitted and installed correctly, the end result will ultimately appear cheap and nasty, this is especially true with tiling. Let’s not forget the importance of waterproofing, should the shower leak, it will be picked up on the building inspection. The bathroom is definitely not an area to cut corners by testing your DIY skills. We have been operating since 2009 doing both plumbing and bathroom renovations so we have seen it all. We can help you with your bathroom design will ensure you make the most out of every inch of your bathroom space but more importantly making sure it is done right.
Years of experience
Nu-Trend since 2009
Nu-Trend was formed just over 10 years ago by father and son team, Rick and Michael Karagiannis.
Michael has been in the industry for more than 20 years, passing his knowledge and expertise to Rick as the family tradition lives on.
Rick has always enjoyed the finer elements design details. Not content with solving plumbing problems he soon broadened his skills to also do bathroom renovations in Sydney. A perfect match with hundreds of reviews later & beautiful bathrooms being enjoyed by hundreds of people.
The passionate business owner who loves his job, always goes the extra mile & who many say “is too good for the industry”
Rick dislikes the typical industry behaviour and firmly believes in ‘no gimmicks’ and upfront, honest work.
- Position: Director
- Years in the industry: 15
- Expertise / specialty: A hands-on Director and business owner who provides leadership for the team.
- Qualifications: Licensed Plumber, Bathroom Renovator.
- What he loves about his work? I love helping people when someone wants something and we achieve what they are after it’s rewarding for me.
- Funniest on the job story: Doing a job on a live sewer stack and someone flushing the toilet while we were underneath. It was quite brown, but you had to laugh.
- Favourite brand of bathroom product: Caroma Products
Robert is the co-owner of Nu-Trend who loves walking into different scenarios every day & trying to solve problems quickly.
He is the organiser in the team, keeping the boys on track each day. Some dub him the ‘pretty face’ of Nu-Trend.
- Position: Director
- Years in industry: 14
- Expertise / specialty: Quoting, team organisation and logistics to keep everything running smoothly.
- Qualifications: Licensed Plumber and Bathroom Renovator.
- What he loves about his work? Doing something different every day and working with really good people to solve a range of everyday problems.
- Funniest on the job story: Pranking the boys with fake emails or calls and waiting to see their reactions. Funny at times but a good way to practice real situations.
- Favourite brand of bathroom product: Boffi Products
Chris joined Rick and Robert a few years ago as the number of jobs and bathroom renovations began to increase.
Ever reliable Chris gets stuck in when the hard work is required and provides the Nu-Trend team with a lot of the hard yakka.
- Position: Plumber
- Years in industry: 6
- Expertise / specialty: Maintenance and domestic plumbing for houses or unit apartment blocks.
- Qualifications: Licensed Plumber with aspirations to learn about renovations.
- What he loves about his work? Seeing Nu-Trend customers satisfied after a completed job where they notice the little details or finishing touches.
- Funniest on the job story: Too many to list and he has been thinking about writing a book about funny plumber stories for everyone to read about.
- Favourite brand of bathroom product: Boffi Products
Local | Licensed | Insured
Nu-Trend is a plumber and bathroom renovations team in Sydney, available 7 days a week. With 15 years experience, the Directors Rob and Rick are hands-on and provide a personalised service that is fully licensed, insured and qualified. You can check online with the NSW Department of Fair Trading here
HOME OWNERS INSURANCE
Protection for your renovation project.
FULLY LICENCED 217859C
A qualified and licensed builder.
Public liability insurance for peace of mind.
Drainer | Gasfitter | Plumber | LP Gasfitter
Kitchen, Bathroom and Laundry Renovator
STANDARDS AUSTRALIA AS/NZS3500:2018 Compliant
All the work carried out by Nu-Trend is AS/NZ3500:2018 compliant. It is the Australian Standard for Plumbing and Drainage in NSW as set down by Standards Australia and the Australian Building Codes Board. They give the plumbing industry technical direction to enable compliance with required regulatory frameworks.
Rick and Rob are the hands-on Directors for Nu-Trend Plumbing. Rather than hire sub-contractors and manage their business from a distant office, they are on the tools, at your site & working towards delivering your bathroom renovation or plumbing service. It means you are talking directly to the owners of the business, the guys who are accountable and responsible rather than via email or through customer service teams.
It is why they are able to provide a written guarantee that demonstrates their confidence in standing by the quality of their workmanship and the service they deliver to every single client.
They have a very single minded commitment to deliver a high level of professionalism and quality, they’ve been doing it for 15 years.
No sales tricks, guaranteed.
'No Gimmicks' that's our policy
With so many years in the trade, the Nu-Trend team has seen their fair share of sales tricks, special offers, promotions and other gimmicks to secure business. Rather than copy what everyone else is doing they decided a long time ago to avoid all the typical gimmicks and stick to clear, upfront information and pricing, including the provision of free Quotes.
Here are the most common sales gimmicks you will see and how they work, keep in mind there is a reason most service industries don’t disclose fixed prices.
Learn more about Bathroom Renovations with these information pieces.
Learn about new products and clever techniques you can apply to your bathroom to keep it warm in winter.
Floor preparation is crucial for a bathroom renovation & can you thousands in potential repairs and problems down the track.